- 500px posts, one column
- Page Enabled Links*
- Pop-up sidebar menu with extra description, search bar, and links
- One sidebar image
- Permalink Pagination
- Optional Infinite Scroll
- Fully customisable↳ NOTES
- *This means custom links are added by selecting “Show a link to this page” when you add a page on your blog. In this theme, they cannot be added any other way (without editing the HTML).
- Sidebar image credit
- If you have any issues or queries, contact me!ENJOY YOUR NEW THEME!
Hello! So you have stumbled upon the roleplay community, welcome! Now you if you are new to RP, or the Tumblr RP Community, you may be a bit confused by the habits of the RP Blogger. I am taking a moment to write up a few tips so you may have better understanding as to how to properly interact with your favorite RP Blog.
What is RP?
- RP, or roleplay, is where an individual pretends to be a character and interacts with other characters/roleplayers to create stories together. This comes in many forms, but for the purpose of this post we are focusing on Tumblr RP.
What does Mun or Muse mean?
- Mun refers to the actual live person aka the Tumblr blogger who runs the blog. I promise you, they are indeed a real live person, not a figment of your imagination. They are human (at least until alien life has been found) and have real lives complete with jobs, school, family life, friends, etc. Please remember in your interactions with the Mun, to treat them like you would want any friend you have to be treated. Or perhaps like that strange cousin of yours that means well, even if they are a bit odd.
- Muse refers to the character that the Mun is portraying. At no time does the Muse’s behavior reflect on the actual behavior of the Mun. This is a fictional creation, which may do things that the Mun would never ever do in real life. The key word here is fictional, as in not real.
What is Out of Character verses In Character?
- All out of Character actions refers to the thoughts, feelings, and general reactions of the Mun. This can also be referred to a number of ways. Many roleplayers have pet terms to indicate when they are speaking as themselves, rather than as their character.
- In Character refers to the actions, thoughts, feelings, and general gadding about that the character does. Again, it is important that it sticks in your head; this is not what the blogger thinks, feels, or is doing. This is the actions of the fictional character only.
What is a Fandom?
- Well, if you are Tumblr, I really, really hope you already know this one. But just in case, this refers to a group of individuals that share a common appreciation for a show, move, actor/actress, fictional works etc.
What is the difference between Canon Character and Original Character?
- A Canon Character is one that appears in the show/book/movie. Portrayals of said character center around their actions/stories in the published/broadcasted body of work.
- Original Character is one that is created by the Mun. They can be based out of a particular fandom, or none at all. This means the Mun has gone to the effort of creating someone totally new. As such, it’s generally a very bad idea to try and roleplay as that character without the permission from the person that created them.
What is AU or UA?
- Universe Alteration refers to the framework the mun is writing in that deviates slightly from the established lore of a show/movie/book.
- Alternative Universe refers to taking familiar characters and putting them in an unfamiliar setting, and then playing the story out.
- Some use these terms interchangeably. Basically, it is not a portrayal that strictly keeps to the established Lore of the show/movie/book.
So why do you guys roleplay?
- Well, a lot of us like to play the game, what if? What if this happened to the character instead of that? What if this person came back? What if this person didn’t die off? What if this crazy monster tried to take over the earth? Roleplay gives them an outlet to create stories centered on these ideas. It is essentially collaborative creative writing, typically between two different Muns.
Why are you guys talking to each other in all Caps, are you mad?
- Typically if two roleplayers are typing in all caps, this is an actual sign of affection and/or comradely. Just check the content of the words, or the tags on the bottom of the post. Sometimes entire conversations are carried out in the tags between the two Muns.
- Occasionally yes, they are irritated by something. Again, check the content of the words. If they are upset, the best idea is to give them supportive hugs or offers of commiseration. Further aggravation is not recommended.
I really like this story they are writing, why did they get mad when I reblogged it because I love it so much?
- Well, there are a number of reasons why the Mun got mad or irritated. The biggest one is many roleplayers use thread-trackers to keep track of who’s turn it is to reply. When you reblog the roleplay, you cause an error in the tracker, so they can’t tell who’s turn it is. This may cause them to completely loose the thread, and thus kill the story. Secondly, they often don’t intend to share the story with anyone but the other roleplayer, and their followers. They do, however, love it when you favorite the thread. This is an excellent way of telling them that you enjoy the story they are creating
The character would NEVER do that in the show/movie/book, why the heck are they writing them that way?
- All Roleplays are AU, or UA, which means they might do something that would not happen in the show/movie/book. This is the mun exploring different characterization or story-lines. Under no circumstance is the mun implying that the character would behave that way in the show/movie/book.
How do I show my favorite Roleplay Blog I enjoy their stories, even if I don’t RP myself, or I just don’t RP with them?
- Roleplayers can occasionally be a slightly insecure and self-conscious bunch, and are easily frightened away. So remember to be gentle with your favorite RP blog, and feed them a steady diet of hugs and praise. You are welcome to leave nice notes in their askbox, on anon or off. In fact this is greatly encouraged, letting them know how much you like their blog/threads.
I hope you have found this guide helpful. If you are now interested in actually roleplaying, don’t hesitate for look for guides to RP. I know I’ve run across quite a few. People put a lot of time and effort into them, in order to introduce you into the styles of roleplay. Many RP’ers will also welcome questions and be happy to help, or point you in the direction of someone that can.
watching 10 logan and veronica tribute videos is not the way to get this prelab done
Odairriere’s Texture Pack #2 (download) / (9 large textures based off personal photos)
- Like or Reblog if using, please (there have been way more downloads to likes, and I might have to make this password access if that happens again).
- Don’t claim as your own.
- Don’t use to make your own textures.
- Credit is not required but always nice.
Someone requested me a Disney moodboard gif hunt, and I’m like not entirely sure that all of these gifs are Disney, since I’m not a huge fan. So under the cut you will find about 50 moodboard gifs of cartoons (disney). Sorry for any repeats. If you see something yours that you want me to remove or credit, feel free to message me about it, and I’ll be happy to do so. I also promise to keep this updated. Please like or/and reblog if this helped you in any way.
As per request by a couple people, here is the PSD for my ‘get to know’ template! I only have the tools PS Elements 10 has to offer, so it’s really simple to work with.
- Fonts used are: Times New Roman, Code Light, and Violation.
- Little knowledge of clipping masks will be needed for the photo circles.
- Layers are clearly labeled, though not sorted into folders.
- Customize as you please, all I ask is that you do not repost or claim as your own!
- If you use, I would love to see what others do with this, so feel free to send me links to your own!
So it’s 3AM and It’s just occurred to me that the most telling scene in the entire Harry Potter franchise is the scene following the announcement of the participants of the Triwizard tournament.
When Harry’s name is pulled out of the cup, literally one of the first things he is asked is “did you ask an older boy to put your name in the cup for you?" or something to that effect, insinuating that, that was something nobody prepared for and that it was something that totally would have worked if anyone had been smart enough to figure it out.
However, in an earlier scene a student is turned into a hundred year old man when they try to artificially age themselves with a potion and put their name into the cup. Meaning someone trying to dangerously age themselves with potion they aren’t familiar with was something the teachers genuinely considered to be more likely than someone asking for fucking help from another student.
In other words, the wizards in Harry Potter’s world are so reliant on magic that it doesn’t occur to anyone save for people like Harry that asking for help is even an option in a given situation. This explains why wizards are so fucking ass-backwards at everything, they’re so confident that their magic is capable of doing everything for them that it has never occurred to fucking anyone that perhaps asking for help from the muggle world might be of some use.
Think about it, the wizarding world hasn’t changed in hundreds of years while in that same space of time the muggle world has figured out fucking space travel. I know it’s a cliché to say to say someone could have fucking shot Voldemort, but seriously, somebody totally fucking could have, he killed like 50 people, he was effectively a terrorist, if anyone in the wizarding world bothered to ask for help from the muggles instead of just telling them there was an invisible asshole flying around shooting death curses at everyone, they may have been able to help.
Pretty much the only reason Voldermort thinks he’s better than muggles is because he’s able to kill them with impunity using magic, something he’s only able to do so easily because muggles don’t understand what magic is. Voldemort is basically like a fucking disease, he’s an invisible, lurking entity preying on mankind from the shadows like a cowardly piece of shit. You know what else did that? Smallpox and we stomped that to death the second we understood it. That’s the difference between muggles and wizards, when muggles don’t understand something, they figure it out.
And here’s the kicker, the only reason muggles don’t understand magic at all is because the wizarding world deliberately withholds information about it. However, even if the wizarding world kept doing that, it’d only be a matter of time until a muggle figured out what magic was and how to stop or harness it because that’s what humanity does, it pushes past what we think is impossible to see what’s on the other side. We didn’t understand the sun as a species originally and now we use it to power satellites and smartphones.
The wizarding world isn’t a realm of infinite possibilities, it’s a universe of strict limitations where boundaries are never questioned. The muggle world is where the real magic happens. That’s why during the course of the Harry Potter books, which are set between 1991 and 1998, the muggle world (our world) discovered dark matter, cloned a sheep and invented fucking MP3s while the wizarding world were literally paying some dipshit to figure out what the purpose of a rubber duck was.
Wow, I really shouldn’t think about this stuff when it’s like 3AM, it gets kind of dark.
when white people are like “black people aren’t better than white people, that’s not how you end racism!”
or cis people are like “trans people aren’t better than cis people, that’s not how you end transphobia!”
or guys are like……..you get what i’m saying
but like do you even realize what sort of world you live in? like this makes you seem so incredibly ignorant and in the worst sort of way. because for every 10 posts on this dumb little website you see even slightly indicating that black people are better than white people or transgender people are better than cisgender people or women are better then men, etc etc
there’s probably been 100x more instances in that person’s life where they have been told they are less than. and if you don’t believe that, then you have privilege blinders on that you need to get rid of. you know the reason you’re so angry when you see that shit on tumblr? it’s because you’ve never seen it in real life. you’ve never had your existence invalidated before like they have. but poc are invalidated the second they’re born. transgender people are invalidated every time someone asks “but are you a boy or a girl?” and don’t get me started on what its like to live as a woman. god forbid you’re a transgender woc.
get off tumblr, and there you go. that’s where white is automatically assumed better than black. or transgender people are still misgendered daily and the man is still the most important person in society. did someone go and edit every wiki page about cisgender people to slander them? no, but someone sure did that to laverne cox and other wikipedia pages relating to transgender people/issues.
and ray rice wasn’t kicked off his football team because he beat his wife. he was kicked off his football team because a video of him beating his wife was released. there is a difference. and when reported on, all men had to say was “well if it was my wife/daughter/sister/etc”, as though the mere tragedy of a woman being beaten doesn’t matter unless they can relate it to some other woman in their lives.
you don’t wanna hear and you don’t like hearing it? delete your tumblr. go out into the society we’re raised in. you’re white. you won’t be followed around a store, assumed to be stealing even if you have the latest iphone and shoes more expensive than anything else in the store. tada. go out into the society we’re raised in, where you won’t get whispers of “what are they?” and you won’t have to be afraid that you’ll be physically assaulted for being transgender. now you won’t be annoyed that some people have got blogs where they’re allowed to talk negatively about oppressors in their lives for five minutes a day because it makes them feel better.
Theme 40: Shake It Off by Roxie
- Header image will automatically fit your screen size
- One main title + second title
- Sidebar (under the header)
- 5 customized links
- Scroll down button (black or white)
- Scroll to top
- Please like or reblog if you’re using
- Do not use as a base
- Do not claim as your own
- Do not remove the credit
If you have any problem please message me
What to Tag:
- RP Advice/Tips
- Writing Help/Tips
- Plot/Character Development
- Theme Recs and Help
- PSDs/Graphic Help
- Face-claim Assistance
What Not to Tag:
- Requests asking how you can help
- Advertising an RP/RPG of any sort
- Personal posts